At Gateway Easy Auto Credit Help, we like to make the most of the events going on in our own backyard. With St. Louis as our nearest big city, we never run out of things to do. Whether you’re passing through or are a resident looking to try something new, get out and enjoy St. Louis in July with one of these free events.
International Lily Show – June 30-July 2, 2017
This event has been drawing florists and general fans of all things pretty for 70 years. Stop by the Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel on one of these days between 2-5 p.m. to hear educational speakers and take in the beautiful, natural scents and sights of the lilies.
Whitaker Music Festival – Wednesdays, Now to August 2, 2017
This summer tradition offers a great opportunity to enjoy some mid-week music in the beautiful Missouri Botanical Garden. Pack a picnic or buy dinner there. July performers include Beth Bombara, Ptah Williams, Kevin Bowers, and The Mighty Pines.
Jungle Boogie at the Zoo – Fridays, Now to September 1, 2017
Residents of St. Louis are lucky to have a free zoo at the ready all year. We’re even luckier to have a free zoo with free live music on Friday nights all summer long. Bring the family for a day at the zoo, stay for dinner and watch groups like the Funky Butt Brass Band and the Zydeco Crawdaddies get down.
If you’re visiting St. Louis or live nearby, be sure to visit us at Gateway Easy Auto Credit! We are proud to serve the St. Louis area!
Finally, school is out for the summer! Don’t let your kids sit idle this season. Keep busy with some of these fun summer activities that won’t break the bank.
- Sidewalk Chalk Art. Teach your kids that all things must pass while also encouraging them to hone in on their art skills with some sidewalk chalk. When the rain washes away one masterpiece, it’s time to create another!
- Have a Staycation. Don’t miss out on the gems in your own backyard! Look into what your city has to offer, whether it’s dollar movie theaters or free museums. For instance, one thing Gateway Easy Auto Credit Help loves about being located in the St. Louis area is the free zoo in Forest Park.
- Plant a Garden. The best summer activities are those that get you and the kids outside to enjoy the weather commune with nature. Help your kids to plant a garden including vegetables that you can later use to make salads, salsas, or other rewarding treats.
- Build a Fort. Gather blankets, sheets, chairs, pillows, and anything else you can find and let the kids build the ultimate fort. Try it indoors, or build one outside for some backyard camping and storytelling under the stars.
For more family fun, come visit us at Gateway Easy Auto Credit Help and pick out your next vehicle!
The St. Louis area is one of the greatest places to live in in the state, at least here at Gateway Easy Auto Credit, we think so. There is never a shortage of great places to visit and things to do. If you are looking for some fun events to kick off your summer, here are some St. Louis events in June.
- Shakespeare Festival St. Louis. This festival runs through mid-June and is held in the beautiful Forest Park. All plays are free. Come early with blankets or chairs.
- Taste of Downtown. This festival will be held on June 17th from 11am-8pm at Kiener Plaza Park. It will highlight many restaurants and breweries located right here in St. Louis.
- Circus Flora. This unique one-ring circus presents a one-of-a-kind circus experience all month long. The circus runs Tuesday through Sunday until June 25th. The circus is located at 3511 Samuel Shepard Dr.
- Whitaker Jazz Festival. Visit the Missouri Botanical Garden on Wednesday evenings to enjoy live jazz. Come after 5pm for free entry. Bring a picnic along with a blanket or chairs. The music begins at 7:30pm.
Which of these St. Louis events in June are you most excited to attend?
As the school year draws to a close, you may have already begun planning some family adventures. Before the endless strains of “I’m bored” reach your ears, have this summer bucket list ready to kick boredom to the curb. And, even better, many of these events are free.
- Spend an evening catching lightning bugs.
- Have a family campout in the living room.
- Build a fort as fancy or as easy as you want.
- Visit a new park.
- Travel to a state no one has been to before.
- Fly a kite.
- Go on a picnic.
- Play putt-putt golf.
- Go to your local farmers’ market.
- Play in the sprinkler.
- Go camping.
- Have a water gun fight.
- Watch fireworks.
- Go bowling
- Have a pajama movie day when it is raining.
- Visit a children’s museum.
- Go to a special event at the library.
- Have fun at an amusement park.
- Have a “kids choice” day where each child gets a whole day to choose everything the family eats and does (within reason).
- Have dessert for dinner.
- Go swimming.
Here at Gateway Easy Auto Credit, we hope everyone has a happy, healthy, and fun summer. Which of these bucket list items are you planning to do?
The arrival of spring is the perfect reason to get out of the house and enjoy everything nature has to offer. Finding activities that are both fun and affordable can be a pain though. Fortunately, some common activities are fun for the whole family and won’t cost much, if anything at all. Here are some free fun spring activities suggested by us here at Gateway Easy Auto Credit Help!
- Have a Picnic – Heading out to the park for a picnic is a great way to enjoy the warm weather, spring breeze, and renewed nature. It’s also a great way for the family to get outdoors after being stuck inside all winter. Planning a picnic is the perfect way to get your mind off of spring cleaning as well!
- Get Some Exercise – The warm weather has finally arrived which means it’s time to start getting in shape for summer! Grab your running shoes and head out for a jog. Take along the family dog or run with a partner so you have someone to motivate and vice versa!
- Fly a Kite – If there’s one classic spring activity that never grows old, it’s kite flying. Flying a kite brings back plenty of nostalgia for adults and is plenty of fun for kids. Grab some string and head out to an open area to take advantage of the wind!
The spring season has finally shown its face which means now is the perfect time to start (or continue) your spring cleaning. Starting the season off with a clean home (and car) is a great way to jumpstart your entire year. Here are some helpful tips for spring cleaning from us here at Gateway Easy Auto Credit Help!
- Doormats – Your doormat serves as the first welcoming pad to your home. Visitors wipe their shoes on it all year long. If you have a doormat inside and outside, then odds are you value cleanliness. Unfortunately, doormats don’t clean themselves. That means doing so during spring cleaning will leave them fresh and welcoming to visitors all year round. Simply shake them out then throw them in the wash.
- Ceiling Fans – No matter how high you place a ceiling fan, it will still collect dust throughout the year. Most homeowners realize this immediately after turning on the fans during summer. Dust knows no boundaries which means cleaning the ceiling fans and vents are a necessity to those who value a clean home.
- Lights – Lights and light fixtures tend to gather dust around the same rate a ceiling fans. That can cause major problems, especially over the dinner table. Take a duster and leave your lights squeaking clean for the spring season!