Summer in St. Louis is one of the busiest times of the year thanks to a range of events and activities. Whether you love festivals, grilling, or simply the warm weather, there are multiple reasons to love the Gateway to the West in the summertime. Below is a list of some of our favorite things about St. Louis in the summer.
- Free Concerts. According to Riverfront Times, there are tons of free concerts during the summer, which is great for both adults and kids. This includes the stages at the Fair St. Louis to concerts at the Missouri Botanical Garden. You should also stop by downtown Kirkwood for monthly events, as well as simple street music that pops up during the summer.
- Cornhole. Also called “washers,” cornhole is an ever-popular summer activity in St. Louis. Deemed the official summer activity by many St. Louis residents, cornhole is a fun game where you simply toss either washers or beanbags into a target. Due to the easygoing nature of the game—including the fact that you can easily play while holding a drink—this game pops up across the city during the summer.
- Muny. Music lovers can’t get enough of the Muny. As America’s oldest and largest outdoor musical theater, the Muny always has some of the best shows around. Believe it or not, you’ll even be able to stay cool thanks to an outdoor air conditioning system. Plus, you can wander Forest Park when you’re not busy listening to tunes.
- Grilling. St. Louis is known for its delicious barbecue, making summer the ideal time to get some good eats. Fire up the charcoal or propane get enjoy some of the best food summertime has to offer. You can also stop by a number of premier restaurants like Pappy’s Smokehouse, Bogart’s Smokehouse, and Eleven Eleven Mississippi.
- The shining Gateway Arch. As the symbol of St. Louis, the Gateway Arch is almost always at the top of any list about the city. This monument is particularly noticeable in the summer sunshine, throwing off a sparkle that can be seen for miles. Drawing most of its visitors during the summer, the Gateway Arch is best experienced this time of year.
Share your favorite things about summer in St. Louis with your easy auto credit help team.