Saving money is something most people try to improve at over time. There are literally hundreds of ways to save a buck and some are more obvious than others. We’ve covered it before but here are five more ways to help save you money from us here at Gateway Easy Auto Credit Help!
- Appliances – Buying energy-efficient appliances might cost more now but they’ll save you energy for years to come. That’s a good amount of money saved. Research what you’re buying before heading to the store to avoid getting smooth-talked by a salesman.
- Air Filter – Cleaning your car’s air filter takes a few minutes assuming you follow the instructions in your owner’s manual. A clean filter can improve fuel economy by up to 7% which adds up to hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars over the life of your car.
- Cancel Memberships – Do you really need that gym membership you’ve used once in the past year? Probably not. By cancelling memberships you don’t actively use, saving money can easily add up into the hundreds. You can always renew the membership later.
- Generic Brands – Nine times out of ten, a generic brand item is the same quality as the store brand. The main difference is how the product is marketed rather than the product itself. More often than not, a generic brand is cheaper than a store brand.
- Stay Home – If you find yourself eating out often, try to cook at home instead. You’ll be amazed at how much money you save in a short period of time.